Are you drinking enough water ?
How important is drinking enough water or with some individuals, any
water? These 8 facts are presented to heighten your awareness.
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is
often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even mild dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as
4. One glass of water shuts down hunger pangs for almost
100% of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day
could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term
memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the
computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon
cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%,
and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
So, please try and drink at-least 8 glasses of water every day.
Space them out, so that it is easy for you.