In the next five minutes I am going to tell you some food items
that will help you give a confident smile.
1. Your teeth need calcium and phosphorus for strength and to
remineralize themselves. Hence milk, nuts, meat, chicken and cheese
are ideal for oral health. Cheese has a low carbohydrate, and high
calcium and phosphate content enabling it to balance the mouth's
pH. So, instead of chocolates and sweets have a small cube of
2. Vitamin C foods bestow healthy gums. Periodontal diseases can
increase with vitamin c deficiency as it is a great antioxidant
needed to repair connective tissue and aid bone regeneration. So
have oranges, lemons, kiwis, gooseberries and vegetables like
broccoli, green pepper, cauliflower, tomatoes and sesame seeds and
more. Add these acidic foods in to a large meal.Vitamin D
deficiency increases the risk of gum bleeding. So get some exposure
while you can.
3. Fresh raw onions in the diet can destroy various types of
bacteria, including Streptococcus mutans that cause cavities. So
eat onions, and chew a mint afterwards!
4. Mint will help you get rid of the foul smell of onions,freshen
your breath, destroy all bacteria and clean your teeth and tongue.
5. Celery is a great food for those who love their teeth. It is
chewy producing a lot of saliva, which in turn neutralizes
bacteria. Celery is also an abrasive food and serves to massage
your gums, and clean teeth. So have those crunchy apples and
carrots for dental health.
6. Catechins in green tea can kill the bacteria in the mouth that
turn sugar into cavity causing plaque. You can enjoy the health
benefits of green tea by having 2-5 cups a day.
7. Grape seed extract contains polyphenols which prevent tooth
decay and gum disease by thwarting the growth of bacteria.
8. Though water cannot called a "food" drinking plenty of water in
necessary to hydrate gums and stimulate the secretion of saliva.
That's one of the reasons why it is important to drink a glass of
water after eating food.
At last not the least, avoid eating as much sugar as possible and
I would be happy to answer any other queries you might have.
Follow us on Facebook at : http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/
Wishing you good health,