negligence and ignorance can pay a heavy price. Here, I have
compiled a few simple tips for you to bring your seething blood
1. Relax. It is one of the mantras for a healthy living. Meditation
and yoga can bring inner peace and control anger and rush of
2. Exercise can control your shooting blood pressure. If you are
not used to used to exercise then try walking for half and hour and
yoga. But, at any cost, regular physical activity is a must. It
helps blood circulation and your cardiovascular capacity.
2. Watch your sodium and salt inake. For this, eat home made foods,
unsalted nuts, avoid instant soups and read labels of ready made
foods. Also eat fresh food as far as possible.
3. Reduce alcohol intake and quit smoking.
4. Drink water upto 3-4 litres. Excess sodium in your body will be
flushed out with increased water intake.
5. Eat avacadoes, bananas, oranges, dried apricots, prunes and
raisins, nuts like pistachios, seeds of pumpkin, sunflower, squash
and flax. Include dried herbs like tulsi, parsley, coriander
leaves, spinach and the like in to your diet as they are rich in
potassium. Poutry, eggs and meat also contain potassium.
6. Calcium may help to regulate blood pressure. Get 1000 mgs of
calcium if you are between 19-50 years old and 1200 mgs if you are
7. Magnesium deficiency is often seen in hypertensive patients.
Hence eat green leafy vegetables, whole grains and dry peas and
8. Omega 3 fatty acids in fish oil is yet another remedy to
9. Garlic sulphides manage your cholesterol and also help to
regulate blood pressure.
10. Have sugar free dark chocolate as it is a clinically proven
blood pressure regulator.
I would be happy to answer any other queries you might have.
Follow us on Facebook at : http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/
Wishing you good health,